A delicious and moist citrus and haskap berry cake that is the perfect summer evening dessert.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole milk, or dairy free beverage
- 2 sachets of Haskalife pure haskap berry powder
- Set the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, eggs, sugar, and honey together.
- Add the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- Slowly add to the wet ingredients
- Stir in the milk and haskap berry powder.
- Place into a 9” baking dish and bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside.
Recipe adapted from: The View from Great Island. https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/lemon-olive-oil-cake/