This healthy and nutrient-packed breakfast can be made ahead for busy mornings and customized with your favourite add-ins!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 sachet (or 2 tsp) Haskalife Pure Haskap Berry Powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add the dry ingredients (oats, berry powder, and chia seeds) to a storage container with a tight-fitting lid and stir to combine.
- Add the milk and sweetener and mix thoroughly.
- Put the lid on container and place in refrigerator.
- Can be served after 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- Stir oats before serving to loosen. If necessary, add a splash of milk for desired consistency.
- Any type of milk works in this recipe – animal, plant or nut-based
- Use your preferred sweetener – whether that’s a traditional sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave) or plant-based sugar substitute (monk fruit or stevia)
- The oats are delicious as is, or add any of the following toppings, if desired:
- Chocolate chips
- Sliced almonds
- Chopped fruit (bananas, strawberries)